Last updated: April 05, 2021
Aktibo, Inc. d/b/a Sproutt (collectively, “Aktibo”, “Sproutt”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is an online producer/broker of life insurance products and services. This privacy notice (“Notice”) describes how we collect, use, and share the information described in this Notice and your choices in connection with this use. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Notice, please do not use our Services or otherwise share your Personal Information with us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you browse our website (as a visitor) or use our services (the “Services”), we collect certain personal information, which is information that identifies someone or relates to an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). We collect the information you provide to us directly, through cookies and other technologies, and through information we receive from third parties.
Information collected directly from you:
We collect information directly from you when you:
- Visit and browse our website: You do not need to provide us with any information when you are browsing our site. However, when you visit or browse our website, we still collect certain information about how you use and interact with the site in order to improve our site and to offer insurance plans to you based on your needs and preferences. This is described in more detail in the “Information collected automatically” section below. To learn how to control the collection of information about you or your device through cookies see “Your choices with respect to your information”.
- Create an account: If you would like to receive a recommendation or apply for an insurance policy you will need to create an account and become a member of our service (“Member”). Account information varies based on your application and includes personal details such as your: name, address, contact information, health information, and family information.
- Ask for a recommendation: To ask for a recommendation, you will need to answer a few questions about yourself. This includes: your gender, your date of birth, whether or not you smoke, your zip code, and your general level of health.
- Apply for an insurance policy: To apply for an insurance policy you will need to complete a full insurance application. This includes information such as your: name, address, contact information, social security number, employment information, financial information, driving record, criminal history, health information, family information, and other information we need for your application.
- Complete our Quality of Life questionnaire: If you complete our Quality of Life questionnaire, we will ask you questions about yourself and your health and lifestyle habits, including your: name, age, gender, marital status, eating, drinking and exercise habits, and other wellness information.
- Interact with our website or Services: When you engage with our website (through our “contact us” form), or send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way, you may provide us with personal information. Please note that information you provide to us, without the parts that identify you, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and we may use it and share it with third parties.
- Apply for a job: Our website includes a feature (“Careers”) that allows you to submit an online job application if you reside in Israel or in the U.S. When you submit an online application, you will be required to provide personal information, including but not limited to your name, contact information, job interests, educational and job history, and references. This information will be used by us to assess and process your application.You will also be asked to provide equal opportunities information. This is not mandatory – if you don’t provide it, it won’t affect your application. We won’t make the information available to any staff outside our recruitment team, including hiring managers, in a way that can identify you. Any information you provide will be used to produce and monitor equal opportunities statistics.If we decide to interview you, we may print your application and use it during the interview process. If you are hired, your application becomes part of your employee file. If you are not immediately hired, your printed application is kept for six months and then typically will be destroyed. We may ask you to provide additional information during the interview or hiring process. We may also use the information you provide to contact you about your application; for example, to ask you to agree to a background check or to send you an offer letter. We do not share the information you provide in the online application to anyone outside of Sproutt unless we believe it is required by law or as otherwise set forth in this Notice.
Information collected automatically:
- Usage Information: URLs accessed, the frequency of access, how much time you spend on each page, what you click on while on our website, when you accessed the website, traffic channel, referral, and timestamps.
- Location Information: information about your estimated location, which may be determined from the IP address.
- Device Information: information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses and your unique device identifier (UD/ID).
- Analytics purposes: Cookies help us track information about how the Services are used so that we can make improvements based on analytics and insights about your use of our website or Services. We also use such analytics cookies to test pages, measure the performance of ad campaigns, features or new functionality of the Service to see how our users react to them.
Please review the Cookie Table to view the list of cookies we use and how to opt out specific cookies. We may update our Cookie Table periodically to reflect changes in the cookies we use.
Information collected from third parties:
In order to provide you with the Services, we collect and store information from the following categories of third parties about our Members and web visitors:
- Third-party data brokers: We receive information from data brokers, including cookie stream information and information collected through tags. appropriate experience and features.
- Public databases: We receive information from public databases like the Census Bureau.
- Partners: We receive information from businesses with whom we partner, such as business that collect online reviews, provide life insurance quotes, and provide us referrals.
- Credit Reporting Agencies: We may obtain consumer reports from credit reporting agencies. Consumer reports typically contain information about your personal and credit characteristics, character, general reputation, and lifestyle.
We combine information collected from you or through cookies with information we receive from third parties to analyze it to better understand your behaviors and attributes.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
As further described below, we use personal information to maintain and improve the website, provide our Services to our Members, to communicate with our Members and website visitors, to provide technical support, and, to improve our Services and customer relations.
- Provide Services: Provide Services: We use the Members’ personal information to provide the Services to which includes providing options regarding insurance and facilitating the insurance application process. This includes verifying your identity; underwriting of your application; making eligibility, risk rating, policy issuance and enrollment determinations; obtaining reinsurance; administering coverage; administering claims; protecting against fraud; and conducting other legally permissible activities.
- Provide a Quality of Life Report: If you complete our Quality of Life questionnaire, we will analyze your responses, formulate a report, and send you information that may be of interest to you. Note that this information is not medical advice, and we are not a health care provider. We recommend that you review any information in the report you receive from us with your own health provider.
- Display advertising: We or our third-party partners use your information to display ads and make recommendations to you regarding products, services or causes based on your interests and preferences (determined from your use of our website and other websites); measure the performance of ad campaigns for us and for businesses that advertise with or through our website, including through retargeting campaigns; and serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by you. To learn how you can control the advertising you see and how your information is used in connection with advertising see Your choices with respect to your information.
- Communicate and Provide Technical Support: We use personal information to communicate with our Members and website visitors about the Services, to send account updates or other communications regarding the Sproutt account (through emails) or to inform of any changes to our website or Services, and to provide support or other Services you request.
- Market our services and Communicate About New Features: We send you notifications about new features or information available on our Services or that we feel might be of interest to you. Email email@example.com to learn how you can opt out of receiving these communications at any time.
- Maintenance and Improvement: We use personal information to identify your interests and needs in order to provide you with more tailored, relevant, and intelligent services. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our website and to improve the user experience.
- Benchmarking: We aggregate information, collected from our users to gain insights into our Services. For example, to calculate the percentage of users in a particular city or country, or industry.
In our processing of your information, we also share your personal information to defend our rights and the rights of others, to efficiently maintain our business, and to comply with the law as described in How We Share Your Information below.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
As described below, we share information of our visitors and Members with certain third parties, including our service providers that facilitate our Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations. By using the Services, you understand that your information may be shared in the following ways:
- Insurance Companies: When you complete or fill out an application for insurance, we share the application information with the insurance company for whose products the application is being completed. We may also share information from your consumer report if we are assisting the insurance company with underwriting. Once we share your information with insurance companies, those insurance companies may contact you directly and use your information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- Review Partners: We partner with companies that help us facilitate and process reviews you write about the Services or the insurance companies (“Review Partners”). To this end, we share with our Review Partners your name and email address (for them to contact you). When you fill out a review, you may automatically be added to the Review Partner’s community and your information will be subject to that Review Partner’s own privacy policies.
- Service Providers: We share information with service providers that help us perform website functions and administer our Services. Service Providers include our: hosting provider, mailing provider, analytics providers, and quote generators.
- Corporate Structure: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we reserve the right to share personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We also may share personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- To Prevent Harm: We will share information if we believe it is necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- Legal Purposes: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or contractual obligations; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
- With Your Consent: Apart from the reasons identified above, we may request your permission to share your personal information for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the personal information or before the personal information you have already provided is shared for such purpose. You may revoke your consent at any time.
We implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. We have implemented various policies including, encryption, access, and authentication to guard against unauthorized access to personal data in our systems. Please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you. Services in the United States Only Our Services are intended for residents of the United States only and the receipt of suggested quotes or filling an online application are available to US residents only.
YOUR CHOICES WITH RESPECT TO YOUR INFORMATION
Access, correct or delete your information: Members may access their account to access, correct or delete the information provided to us and which is associated with the account by logging into their account on our website or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you need further assistance, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will retain your information after your account is deleted under the circumstances described in the “How Long We Keep Your Information” section. Delete your account: You may request that we delete your account by contacting us at email@example.com. If you choose to delete your account, we will begin the process of deleting your account from our systems. We will retain your information after your account is deleted under the circumstances described in the “How Long We Keep Your Information” section below. Emails: You can opt out of receiving promotional e-mails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided in each e-mail or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to send you notifications necessary for the Services related to this e-mail address. All cookies: You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The “Help” feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
To opt out of specific cookies, please visit our Cookie Table to view the list of cookies we use and how to opt out. Online Targeted Advertising: To opt out of interest based advertising or to learn more about the use of this information, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you choose to opt out, an opt-out cookie will be placed on your computer. The opt-out cookie is browser-specific and device-specific and only lasts until cookies are cleared from your browser or device. The opt-out cookie will not work for essential cookies. If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser, or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return to the links above to re-select your preferences. Please note that these actions will do not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain your information until the earlier of (i) the information is no longer necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided; or (ii) you delete your account as stated above. We may need to retain the information for longer terms if and to the extent it is needed:
- to protect you, other people, and us from fraud, abuse, and unauthorized access;
- for purposes of accounting, dispute resolution and compliance with tax, anti-money laundering, and other financial regulations; or
- to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, as required to enforce our terms of service, including investigation of potential violations; or to defend ourselves in legal claims.
Even if you delete your account, keep in mind that the deletion by our third-party providers may not be immediate and that the deleted information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time. For any privacy or data-protection-related questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. For further details, visit this page.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our online services are not intended for or designed to attract children under the age of 18. Moreover, we do not knowingly collect or share personally-identifiable information from children under the age of 18 without parental or guardian consent. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided personal information to us, please contact us using the information below, and we will delete that information from our databases.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post the changes to this page, and will indicate the date they go into effect. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice to stay informed. If we make changes that materially affect your privacy rights we will notify you of the changes by posting a prominent notice on our website or using other methods that we select, such as sending you an email.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: 100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor, Hartford, CT 06103; Phone number: +1 (888) 786-3917.