POLICY NOT AVAILABLE FOR RESIDENTS OF NEW YORK.
This policy may contain reductions of benefits, limitations and exclusions. Click here for standard Limitations and Exclusions. Product availability, features, rates, limitations and exclusions may vary by state. For costs and complete details of the coverage, please contact your insurance representative or Assurity to review the policy for more information. The state specific policy form is the ultimate authority for any questions about this product.
Policy Form No. I H1820 and Rider Form Nos. R I1821, R I1822, R I1824, R I1825, R I1826, R I1827, R I1828, R I1829 and R I1830 underwritten by Assurity Life Insurance Company, Lincoln, NE.
IMPORTANT NOTICE— CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE PROVIDES LIMITED BENEFIT COVERAGE. It is not a comprehensive major medical plan or Medicare supplement policy and does not satisfy the requirement for minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). It is not a substitute for major medical insurance and may not be appropriate for Medicaid recipients.
Assurity reserves the right to order, at the company’s expense, evidence of insurability which the company feels is necessary for the prudent evaluation of the risk.
Assurity is a marketing name for the mutual holding company Assurity Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Those subsidiaries include but are not limited to: Assurity Life Insurance Company and Assurity Life Insurance Company of New York. Insurance products and services are offered by Assurity Life Insurance Company in all states except New York. In New York, insurance products and services are offered by Assurity Life Insurance Company of New York, Albany, NY.
Standard Policy Limitations and Exclusions
(Form No. . I H1820)
Note: Limitations and Exclusions may vary by state. The state specific policy form is the ultimate authority for any questions about this product.
Pre-existing Condition. No benefits will be paid for a critical illness that is caused by a pre-existing condition unless the date of diagnosis is after this policy has been in force for 12 months from the issue date or last reinstatement date.
Waiting Period. No benefits will be paid for diagnosis of Invasive Cancer and Non-Invasive Cancer during the 30 days following the Issue Date or ten days following the last policy Reinstatement Date. If cancer is diagnosed during the waiting period, benefits will be paid for a subsequent diagnosis of cancer if the insured person is symptom- and treatment-free for at least 12 consecutive months and in complete remission prior to subsequent diagnosis.
Reduced Benefit after Age 70. On the policy Anniversary immediately following the later of the Insured Person’s 70th birthday, or three years from this policy’s Issue Date, the policy Benefit Amount will be automatically reduced by 50%. This will be the Benefit Amount available for the remaining years this policy is in force.
Misstatement of Age and/or Gender. If the Insured Person’s age and/or gender has been misstated, an adjustment in premiums, coverage or both will be made based on the correct age and/or gender. If, according to the correct age, the coverage provided by this policy would not have become effective or would have ceased, Our only liability during the period in which the Insured Person was not eligible for coverage shall be limited to a refund of premiums.
Misstatement of Tobacco Use. If, during the first two years of this policy, the tobacco status of the Insured Person has been misstated, We will revise this policy and any applicable riders’ benefit amounts to the amount the premium paid would have purchased using the correct tobacco status on the Issue Date.
This policy will not pay benefits for losses that are caused by or are the result of an Insured Person:
- being exposed to war or any act of war, declared or undeclared;
- actively serving in any of the armed forces or units auxiliary thereto, including the National Guard or Army Reserve,
- except during active duty training of less than 60 days;
- engaging in hang-gliding, hot air ballooning, bungee jumping, parachuting, scuba diving, sail gliding, motor vehicle racing, parasailing, parakiting, mountain or rock climbing, B.A.S.E. jumping, sky diving or cave diving;
- being addicted to drugs or suffering from alcoholism;
- being intoxicated (as determined by the laws governing the operation of motor vehicles in the jurisdiction where loss occurs) or under the influence of an illegal substance or a narcotic (except for narcotics used as prescribed to the Insured Person by a Physician);
- committing or attempting to commit a felony;
- being incarcerated in a penal institution or government detention facility;
- engaging in an illegal occupation;
- intentionally self-inflicting an injury; or
- committing or attempting to commit suicide, while sane or insane.