Sproutt is a new kind of life insurance company that rewards people that take care of their lives with the best customer buying experience and highest value when it comes to available coverage and rates. Based on Sproutt’s Quality of Life Index, that uses lifestyle data to better classify customers’ health and lifestyle, qualifying customers can buy insurance completely online, in the fastest and most convenient way without compromising on coverage or price.
About this position
We are seeking an experienced business development professional to accelerate and scale our customer acquisition channels. As Director of Business Development (DBD), you will be tasked to identify potential distribution partners (brokers, agencies, banks, financial advisors, etc.) nationwide to provide quality prospect life insurance customers at scale. You will build and cultivate strong relationships with our partners, and ultimately secure and grow partnerships that generate new customers for Sproutt either directly from the partner or indirectly via the partner’s agents, sub distributors, etc.
This is a strategic role within the company, as you will be working with some of the largest insurance distributors and financial companies in the industry to develop long term partnerships. You will work with cross-functional teams to propose the best solutions for partners, address regulatory and licensing requirements, product and system capabilities, reporting, and more to ensure launching the partnership and scaling it in an effective way. This role requires a deep understanding of the US life insurance sales and distribution ecosystem, entrepreneurial spirit, creative thinking, and an ability to find the right solution and commercial arrangement for a win-win partnership.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and source new partnerships opportunities
- Reach out and engage with new partners while creatively optimizing engagement methodologies in order to increase conversion rates with partners
- Lead the sales process, in collaboration with relevant team members, in an effective way
- Manage the complete partnership lifecycle including post launch optimization and scale
- Set strategic KPIs and provide clear and consistent progress reporting
- Min 5 years experience in insurance distribution partnerships
- Solid insurance ecosystem knowledge – life insurance experience is an advantage
- Prove track record in executing distribution partners across the insurance distribution ecosystem including banks, financial institutions, lenders, and financial advisors
- Excellent verbal, written and numerical skills, including presentations and data analysis