Sproutt is a new kind of life insurance company that rewards people that take care of their lives with the best customer buying experience and highest value when it comes to available coverage and rates. Based on Sproutt’s Quality of Life Index, that uses lifestyle data to better classify customers’ health and lifestyle, qualifying customers can buy insurance completely online, in the fastest and most convenient way without compromising on coverage or price.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader for this role that combines creative solution planning with operational excellence and the ability to to manage cross functional complex initiatives. As Director of Business Operations, you will work across all relevant teams to lead mission critical, cross-functional efforts and oversee the ongoing executions across the various relevant areas. Your responsibility will include specific business areas, ongoing broader efforts, and strategic initiatives.
You will build relationships with senior leaders in every area of the business in this highly visible and impactful role. You will be equal parts strategist and operator, ensuring we are not only able to develop effective plans, but also able to deliver and drive impactful results in a predictable way.
- Manage and maintain responsibility of day-to-day operations in the relevant areas of responsibility
- Coordinate cross-functional teams and work collaboratively with senior leadership to continuously advance our best practices and standard operating procedures; Manage teams to meet or exceed KPIs
- Maintain and continue building a culture of operational excellence
- Continuous process efficiency improvement – identify and manage initiatives to improve operational processes, increase efficiency, and drive successful outcomes
- Run all relevant operational meetings focusing on activities, outcome, and effective per relevant plans and OKRs
- Implement end to end business reporting (KPIs, dashboard, process, team)
- Responsibility for developing specific metrics that drive operational effectiveness and business success
- Manage follow-ups on meetings
- 6+ years of relevant experience in operations, product management, or management consulting. BA/BS required, MBA is a plus
- Experience with high growth B2C or B2B2C operations, startup experience is a significant advantage
- Highly analytical and strategic thinker with a strong business judgment and bias for action
- Ability to master prioritization and decision making while effectively balancing long term business goals with short term needs
- A “can do” attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit ready to take on tasks outside of role
- Resilient and flexible with changing business needs and priorities
- Great at building relationships and trust within the organization
- A master simplifier that can reduce complexity to ensure rapid decision making