If you’re committed to staying fit but don’t want to break the bank, check out these 5 fun and easy workout ideas.
1. Dancing – While saving money is certainly one of the benefits of working out at home, another huge benefit is that you can get creative. Dancing is a fabulous way to keep your body moving, and it doesn’t cost a dime. Just put on your favorite playlist, close the window shades, and let loose. Not only is dancing a great calorie-burner, but it’s a lot of fun!
2. Lifting household items – Dumbbells and hand weights can be costly, but fortunately, there are many household items you can use to build muscle without the extra expenditure. Filled water bottles, milk jugs, bags of pet food, and more — it’s easy to use these items as replacements for traditional weights so you can build tone and muscle without leaving the house.
3. Walk up stairs – Walking up and down the stairs of your house is an excellent way to get your blood pumping. Since walking up stairs forces you to work against gravity, it burns two to three more times more calories than regular walking does. Plus, it strengthens the lower body, builds abs, and works wonders for your lungs and cardiovascular system.
4. Jump Rope – If you think jumping rope is only for girls or little kids, just picture those scenes from Rocky when Sylvester Stallone pounds the pavement with his jump rope, and you’ll understand very quickly what a great workout jumping rope can be. While you may not get to the same level of intensity as Rocky, don’t sweat it. Start with what you can do and slowly build up the amount of time that you can jump. Of course, playing the Rocky soundtrack in the background won’t hurt.
5. YouTube Workouts – YouTube never ceases to amaze. There are virtually endless workouts you can find there, which means you’ll never get bored. If you find a workout video you love, you can stick with it. If it’s not your cup of tea, just move on to the next. If you’re a frequent user of YouTube, getting the Premium version isn’t a bad idea. It costs a few bucks a month and then you don’t have to worry about commercials interrupting your workouts.
Stay Fit, Healthy and Worry-Free
Finding inexpensive, easy ways to exercise means that you can stay healthy without the constant worry that you’re going over your budget. The benefits of having a healthy body and mind cannot be underestimated. While feeling physically and emotionally good won’t take away the struggles that life throws at you, it certainly has the potential to make you feel better equipped and more able to handle them.
Being physically and emotionally fit also makes it easier to qualify for better rates on life insurance premiums. No matter how healthy you are and how often you work out, being prepared for the unexpected is crucial.
Sproutt insurance advisors are available to help you determine what kind of life insurance is best for you. Simply answer a few questions and we will find the best-value plan for your lifestyle, needs, and budget.